onsdag 23 mars 2011

Oahu square neck guitar



My latest purchase, a dusty Oahu square neck lap slide guitar! I bought it yesterday on ebay, so it will hopefully in a week or so.

Music company founded in Flint, Michigan during the 1920s by George A. Bronson and Harry G. Stanley.

In 1931 Oahu moved to Cleveland, Ohio and at about the same time Bronson left, leaving Stanley the sole owner of the company.

The Oahu Publishing Co. was mainly an musical instruments dealer, selling guitars and accessories under the Oahu brand. They also published sheet music and tutorials and ran correspondance school called Honolulu Conservatory of Music, Inc..

I don't know from what year this one is yet, but hopefully there will be a number inside that can tell me. From what I have read, I think this one is from the late 30s. Because later ones had a bridge of wood instead of the metal bridge that this one has.

I am very excited to try this guitar. Here are some videos of other Oahu guitars:



0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar